Supervisor of HCBS Waiver Services (Full-time)
Position Summary: Responsible for the day to day operations of the Home and Community Based Services Waiver Program (HCBS).
· Provide training, leadership and direct supervision to up to four Individual Care Coordinators and direct support staff (skill builder/respite workers).
· Provide indirect supervision of the secretarial support staff.
· Provide daily coaching and mentoring of care coordination staff, promoting professional development, evaluating staff performances.
· Maintain a caseload of three SED children.
· Participate in Quality Improvement processes and internal and external committees.
· Work closely with the Program Director of Intensive Care Management Program, Program Vice President, Vendor Agencies and the Agency Business & Finance department.
· Work with the Erie County Department of Mental Health’s Family Voices Network, NYS Office of Mental Health, Home and Community Based Services Waiver, collaborative agencies, natural supports, families, community and governmental stakeholders.
· Provide adequate billing to Medicaid for services provided, oversight of vendor invoices to ensure payment for contracted services.
· Maintain positive relationships with all funding sources and stakeholders.
· Ensure qualified and adequate program staffing.
· Ensure compliance with all regulations.
· Maintain the ability to serve on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for supervision and crisis response and ensure ICC’s are on call 24/7 on a rotating basis, including nights, weekends and holidays.
· Ensure quality strength based services to children and their families at all times.
· Ensure expenditures for families are within the fiscal budget.
· Demonstrate interest, knowledge and support for the agency mission, values and philosophy and represent the agency mission, vision and values to the community
· Models and practices sensitivity, fair treatment and acceptance of diversity in all interpersonal interactions
- Must maintain and submit all of the required documents and comply with all aspects of the Vehicle Safety and Usage Policy.
· Utilize Agency phone and email systems, following standard customer services protocol. This includes: answering the telephone in a timely and professional manner, directing calls appropriately and returning phone and email requests promptly. Demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills. Also demonstrate knowledge of agency programs and services.
· Maintain positive working relationships with program staff and others within the agency. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills during interactions with internal and external customers
- Oversees customer service process, ensuring that standard agency protocol is followed
· Serve on internal and external committees
· Perform other related work duties as required
· Masters Degree (MSW, MS or MA) in Human Services field, with two years experience in providing direct services to or linking children with serious emotional disturbance to services and at least one year providing supervision, preferably in a community-based setting;
· Strong clinical and supervisory skills are required;
· Ability to work positively and function effectively with various levels of individuals from diverse backgrounds
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Ability to utilize the wraparound designated computer software to maintain clients’ charts and ensure timely billing;
· Ability to function positively as a team member;
· Ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application.