After Hours Team Leader is responsible for receiving reports from the Albany Child Abuse and Maltreatment Registry, accepting referrals from day CPS, contact the referral source, assessing the risk to children, assigning cases to On-Call Worker and providing direction and support to the worker to ensure child safety.
· Receive reports from the Albany Child Abuse and Maltreatment Registry and accept appropriate referrals initiated during day CPS coverage.
· Assess the risk to the child/children involved and determine if an in-person contact by an On-Call Worker is indicated.
· Assign On-Call Worker cases and provide them with support, supervision and direction to ensure that required tasks are completed.
· Assist On-Call workers in developing appropriate safety plans for children as needed.
· Contact emergency foster home providers and arrange for emergency placement of children when required.
· Complete progress notes on all reports received and email them to CPS Intake by the next business day.
· Keep track of shift activity and submit statistical reports as required.
· Participate in planning of programmatic changes in procedures and structure of After Hour CPS.
· Shows willingness to learn about and implement skills related to diversity..
· Responsible for treating staff and clients with respect to their culturally diverse backgrounds.
· Must be sensitive to cultural diversity.
· Participates and contributes to program Quality Improvement process.
· Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) with three years satisfactory full time paid experience with a public or private agency adhering to acceptable standards in social work which includes at least two years in child protective casework OR
· Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college with a Bachelors’ Degree and five years of satisfactory full time paid experience in social work with a public or private agency adhering to acceptable standards which included at least three years in child protective casework.
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well.
· Good organizational and writing skills and computer literacy.
Eight hour shifts at the After Hour Office, 844 Delaware as scheduled by the Coordinator. Shifts are during the time ECDSS CPS is closed. Usually works two to three shifts per week. Paid per shift with no benefits.