Work with families and assist them in identifying the types of services needed, empower them to self-advocate. Monitor, coordinate, evaluate and adjust services to meet families’ changing needs.
- Inspire a family-centered approach in identifying child/family strengths and needs.
- Ability to engage challenging families.
- Ability to empower families to self advocate.
- Ability to work with families to identify type and amount of services needed.
- Ability to develop a budget by costing out services needed.
- Assist families in finding creative ways to meet their needs.
- Monitor, coordinate, evaluate and adjust services to meet families’ changing needs.
- Coordinate and collaborate with provider agencies.
- Establish a crisis plan and expectations in conjunction with families.
- Ability to work with hostile, aggressive children and their families.
- Ability to formulate and implement service plans as well as discharge plans in conjunction with families.
- Willingness to provide services in the home or in places that are convenient for the family.
- Attend regular staff meetings and participate in training as warranted.
- Maintain service Utilization Records.
- Generate accurate billing.
- Complete required NYS and Agency documentation as per requirement but at least monthly.
- Complete daily computerized service log.
- Must participate in the Quality Improvement Process and other internal and external committees.
- Models and practices sensitivity, fair treatment and acceptance of diversity in all interpersonal interactions
- Must maintain and submit all of the required documents and comply with all aspects of the Vehicle Safety and Usage Policy.
- Support and communicate with supervisor, colleagues, team members and vendors in a cooperative manner.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the boundaries of the position as they relate to both responsibilities and limitations.
- Incorporate the agency mission, values and philosophy in decisions, behaviors and actions.
- Demonstrate initiative and serve as a role model within the program.
- Seek supervision as appropriate, accept and utilize constructive feedback.
- Show a willingness to learn about and implement skills related to diversity.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate.
Please attach your resume & cover letter
- Must have a Master’s degree in human services field and two years’ experience in providing direct services to or in linking children with serious emotional disturbances to services. A Bachelor’s degree in human services field and four years’ experience, or a NYS Teacher’s certificate and four years’ experience in providing direct services to or in linking children with serious emotional disturbance to a broad array of services may be substituted.
- Reliable transportation
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must possess good communication skills (oral and written).
- Must be flexible and able to serve on call 24/7 as needed.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application.