Positive Families Program
All parents need to plan for their children’s future, but asking someone to take
care of your child is hard. The Positive Families Programs focuses on the future
planning needs for families affected with HIV. Positive Families provides short-
term supportive services (up to 12 months) at no cost to HIV Affected Families with
Dependent Children (under 21) in the eight (8) counties of Western New York. All
information is kept private.
- We help families make future care and custody decisions
- We help the family begin to process through the emotional components of future care
and custody planning
- We help with the process of disclosure (to children, partners and new caregivers)
around grief and loss and other adjustment issues related to the disclosure
- We help with transition issues faced by new caregivers and children to stabilize
the newly blended family
- We make referrals and linkages with other external sources
- Home Based Services
- Individual Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Support Groups
- Transport/Escort to related legal appointments
- Assist new caregivers with applying for benefits for children
To make an appointment or for more information, please click here.
We can help find a loving home for your children. Our experienced staff is here
to help you to make sure that your children are provided for.