Ways to Work Loan Program
A small, affordable loan can make a big difference to a working family or individuals
hoping to complete their education. Child and Family Services Ways to Work Loan
Program offers loans to low-income families in Erie and Niagara and Counties
who do not qualify for conventional loans. Aside from the loan program, we also
offer financial literary courses such as credit counseling, money management and
tax preparation seminars to help you reach your financial goals.
Eligible participants can qualify for loan amounts that range anywhere from $500
up to $6,000. The types of loans that are provided for are: computers, appliances,
furniture, medical care and day care. Borrowers can also use the money
for equipment if they are pursuing self employment.
You qualify for a loan if you:
- Reside in Erie or Niagara County
- Are an involved parent of a dependent
- Cannot qualify for a loan from a bank or credit union at a reasonable rate of interest
- Demonstrate an ability and intent to repay the loan in a timely manner
- Have a household income no greater than 80% of the area’s median income
To apply for a Ways to Work Loan, or to request more information, please
* The online orientation is being updated and it will be available soon, please contact our office to register for a live orientation, thank you.